It's usually really useful to be able to use breakpoints and step into your plugin code if something is going wrong. It's quite straightforward to configure your plugin project to do this.
- In your plugin project, go to the project properties
- Select the Debug tab
- Select "Start external program" and browse to Visionary Render on your system
- Add these command arguments if you want more logging visibility and faster startup (it doesn't load the start room)
- Change your build output path to a folder in the Visionary Render plugin directory
Remember to create the plugin.txt file so VisRen can detect the plugin.
- Run your project - Visionary Render will start up and load your plugin. You can verify by checking it's loaded in Settings / Plugins