Virtalis customer support services help you to make the most out of your investment in our technology. We aim to address your needs quickly and professionally, either by directly assisting in a support capacity, or by putting you in contact with the most appropriate Virtalis team member who can help you.
As part of your ongoing support and maintenance contract, you receive the following benefits:
- Telephone and email access to skilled support engineers
- Remote assistance
- Access to the latest software releases and regular software updates
Support staff are usually available during normal business hours (8am - 5pm).
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone. If you need to contact us outside of normal business hours we recommend that you use the support email address and someone will follow up on your case as soon as possible.
|Manchester, UK||GMT / BST||+44 161 969 1155, option 3|
When you contact us, the support agent will work with you to establish the severity of your case
Support Information Required
When you contact us for support, we require as much information as possible in order to provide the most effective service. This includes
- What is the task you are trying to accomplish?
- What is the context and business impact?
- What steps are you taking to achieve the task?
- Which part do you need help with?
- Are there any screenshots or videos you can provide to aid in understanding?
- Can you provide the application log files and configuration files?
- For data related issues, are you able to provide a sample of the data you need help with?
- If you encounter an issue or require any assistance, the best way to contact us is via our support desk email - email@example.com - attaching as much of the required support information as possible.
- This will create a help-desk ticket automatically and allow us to keep track of your issue and guide it to an acceptable outcome.
You may also telephone us directly, however this may result in a delay in your issue being logged if all of our support agents are busy on other calls.
- You will receive an automatic response confirming your request and providing you with a ticket ID which you can use if you need to speak to us via other channels
- Once your issue has been logged, a support agent will take ownership of your issue and respond to let you know they have done so. They may request further information or clarification from you, such as additional logs or where possible, data to help them diagnose the issue.
- The support agent will communicate possible resolutions to you via email, and may also wish to set up a call for further troubleshooting
When communicating via email it is important to reply directly to the emails that came from the support system, so that all communication is attached to the original support case
We do our best to address all customer support cases effectively and meet your expectations of our service. This table describes the different categories that a support case can fall into and provides details of what you can expect from us. When your case falls outside of the scope of the respective category, we also suggest additional services that can provide you with the assistance you need.
Scope of Support
Additional Services / Requirements
|"How do I?"||Support aims to assist with answers to general questions around product usage and best practices, and where appropriate provide references to tutorials, guides, and other supporting documentation.||Questions involving significant focused assistance or full-scale enterprise roll-outs require professional services|
|Product Functionality||Support aims to assist with information about features, best practices, and where necessary can facilitate submission of feature requests to R&D.||Questions involving significant assistance to a level that can be considered training require a training package|
|Product Defect||Support aims to assist with triage and qualification of issues, identifying severity, providing workarounds where possible and submitting the issues to R&D for fix in future releases|
|Product Performance||Support aims to assist with triage and qualification of issues, providing information about best practices and data optimisation, and where issues are identified and reproducible, submitting to R&D. We are unable to directly assist with data optimisation in third party products such as CAD packages.|
|Product Documentation||Support aims to assist with clear information or corrections to documentation where necessary.|
|Custom scripts||Support aims to assist with clarification to expected behaviour of scene events and associated API functions, small scripts that display an issue, as well as general best-practice suggestions for using the scene events system. We are unable to debug or fix issues in large complex scenes which are not authored by Virtalis, which includes scripts interacting with other customer systems and infrastructure.||Assistance with writing complex scripts for integrating Virtalis software with customer systems can be obtained by professional services|
|Custom plugins / integrations||Support aims to assist with clarification to expected behaviour of application plugins using our plugin APIs, as well as suggest best-practice approaches to their development. We are unable to debug or fix entire plugins or assist heavily in their creation.||Assistance with writing application plugins can be obtained by professional services|
|Product Roadmap||If requested, your Sales representative or Customer Success Manager would be happy to arrange a product roadmap discussion with our Product Manager|
|Product Training||We are unable to provide direct product training||Please contact your sales representative to enquire about training packages|
Support tickets can be marked as "Resolved" when they reach an acceptable outcome. We have defined the acceptable outcomes for each category in the table below.
- Do your best to provide as much information as possible to your support agent. The more information that is provided the easier it is for the issue to find the right person.
- Keep up to date with software changes by reading the release notes and change logs
- If you require further clarification about any information given to you by our support staff, please ask